Mr. Oken is the chairman of Falfurrias Capital and has been responsible for managing the FCP portfolio since inception and building the FCP team. Along with his co-founders, Hugh McColl, Jr. and Ed McMahan, he is a member of the FCP Investment Committee. Mr. Oken served as managing partner of the Firm from 2006 until 2018, when Mr. McMahan assumed that role.
Mr. Oken is the former chief financial officer of Bank of America. Prior to his career with Bank of America, Mr. Oken was a partner with Price Waterhouse and served as a Fellow at the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Mr. Oken is past chairman of the Charlotte Mecklenburg Housing Partnership, The Mint Museum of Art, and The Charlotte Symphony. He is the chairman of the Carolinas Aviation Museum. Mr. Oken served as a Naval Aviator in Vietnam.
- Co-founder of FCP in 2006
- Former CFO of Bank of America
- Significant M & A experience as a Bank of America executive, including responsibility for the integration of MBNA and Fleet Bank
- Former partner with Price Waterhouse
- Chairman of the Carolinas Aviation Museum and former chairman of The Mint Museum of Art, The Charlotte Symphony, and the Charlotte Mecklenburg Housing Partnership
- Previously served on the Board of Directors of Marsh McLennan and Sonoco Products Company, and currently serves on the Board of Directors of numerous FCP portfolio companies
Current Board Memberships
- Training the Street
- FM Expressions
- E-Technologies Group
- Tax Guard
- Global Plasma Solutions
- Sauer Brands
- Best Impressions Caterers
- Board chair, Carolinas Aviation Museum
- BSBA from Loyola College
- MBA from the University of West Florida