Mr. McColl is the Co-Founder and Chairman Emeritus of Falfurrias Capital Partners.
Prior to founding the firm, Mr. McColl was Chairman and CEO of Bank of America. During his tenure as Chairman and CEO, Mr. McColl grew the institution more than fifty-fold, as the bank greatly expanded its offerings of financial products and services, entered new markets across the United States and around the world, and became an industry leader in retail, commercial, corporate and investment banking.
- Former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Bank of America
- During his tenure, grew Bank of America from $12 billion in assets in 1983 to over $642 billion, $364 billion in deposits, and $48 billion in shareholders’ equity upon his retirement in 2001
- Successfully identified and integrated over fifty acquisitions
- Bank of America’s total shareholder return averaged 17 percent per year during his tenure
- Founded several businesses following retirement from Bank of America, including McColl Partners, a middle-market investment bank; McColl Brothers Lockwood, a business advisory firm; McColl Garella, an investment banking company focused on serving firms owned by women; and MME, a New York-based gallery and art dealer
- Served as Chairman of the Board of Directors at previous Falfurrias portfolio company Dorsey Wright & Associates and as a Member of the Board of Directors of Bank of America, General Parts, Faison Enterprises, Ruddick Corporation, Sonoco Products, Cousins Properties, CSX Corp., and Jefferson Pilot
- Maintains an extensive network of business contacts, including members of Fortune 1000, management of numerous financial institutions, and members of leading international organizations
- Distinguished military service as an Officer in the United States Marine Corps
BSBA from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill