Mr. McMahan is a co-Founder and has served as a Partner at Falfurrias Capital since 2006 and as its Managing Partner since 2018. Mr. McMahan has been responsible for developing the FCP Industry First strategy and building the FCP team. Along with Marc Oken and Hugh McColl, Mr. McMahan has been a member of the FCP Investment Committee since inception. Mr. McMahan also co-developed and co-founded DealCloud, which was developed in-house to manage FCP’s Industry First deal sourcing methodology and has become the leading CRM, deal sourcing & fund management platform for the capital markets.
Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. McMahan served as a Principal at Chicago Growth Partners. At Chicago Growth Partners and its predecessor firm, William Blair Capital Partners, Mr. McMahan was responsible for leading the sourcing, structuring, and execution of investments in business services and industrial growth companies. Prior to joining William Blair Capital Partners, Mr. McMahan served as a Financial Analyst with Bowles Hollowell Conner & Co., a Charlotte, North Carolina, based investment bank.
- Co-Founder of Falfurrias Capital Partners in 2006. Became Managing Partner of the firm in 2018
- Co-developed and Co-Founded DealCloud, the leading CRM, deal sourcing & fund management platform for the capital markets
- Former Principal at Chicago Growth Partners and its predecessor firm, William Blair Capital Partners
- Served as Financial Analyst at Bowles Hollowell Conner & Co., a middle-market investment banking firm specializing in mergers and acquisitions
- Served as Member of the Board of Directors at realized Falfurrias portfolio companies American Safety Council, Bojangles’, UC Synergetic, Commercial Credit Group, and Dorsey Wright & Associates
- Founder and President of Charlotte Life Navigators, a non-profit that funds neighborhood advocates who work with families to navigate challenges resulting from social inequity in order to create financial stability and economic mobility.
- Member of the Board of Directors of The Good Fellows, former Board Chair of Crisis Assistance Ministry, and a former Board member of the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce
Current Board Memberships
- Sauer Brands, Inc.
- Charlotte Life Navigators, Inc.
- The Good Fellows
- BA in Economics and English from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- MBA from The Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University