Mr. Oken is the Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Falfurrias Capital Partners, and he currently oversees the operations of the firm. ... Read More% 1
Co-Founder and Managing Partner
Mr. Oken is the Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Falfurrias Capital Partners, and he currently oversees the operations of the firm.
Mr. Oken is the former Chief Financial Officer of Bank of America. In that role, he had responsibility for Finance, Supply Chain Management, Corporate Treasury, Corporate Investments, Corporate Workplace, and Investor Relations. Also during his tenure with Bank of America as a senior financial executive, Mr. Oken had significant involvement in all of Bank of America's acquisition activities. In the Fleet Boston Financial Corporation and MBNA transactions, he held the additional role of Transition Executive and was responsible for integration of the companies. Prior to his career with Bank of America, Mr. Oken was a Partner with Price Waterhouse and served as a Professional Accounting Fellow at the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Co-founded Falfurrias Capital Partners with Hugh McColl, Jr. in 2006
- Former Chief Financial Officer of Bank of America
- Sixteen years as a senior executive with Bank of America
- Former Partner with Price Waterhouse
- Previously a Fellow with the SEC, serving as a principal advisor on financial services industry accounting and disclosure matters
- Served as Member of the Board of Directors at previous Falfurrias portfolio companies Bojangles', UC Synergetic, Commercial Credit Group, and Dorsey Wright & Associates
- Distinguished military record as a Vietnam veteran includes serving as an Aviator in the United States Navy from 1968 to 1973
Current Board Memberships
- Marsh & McLennan Companies
- Sonoco Products Company
- Capital Bank Financial Corp.
- American Safety Council
- North American Transmission & Distribution Group
- BSBA from Loyola College
- MBA from the University of West Florida